Wednesday, October 23, 2013
|8:30||Welcome and registration|
|• Boi Ruiz, Minister, Department of Health, Government of Catalonia
• Humberto Arnés, General Manager, Farmaindustria
• Prof. Núria Mas, Chair of the Meeting, IESE
• Prof. Pedro Nueno, Founding Chair of the Meeting, IESE
• Cándido Pérez Serrano, Partner, Head of Infrastructure, Transport, Government and Health, KPMG Spain
|9:45||HEALTH POLICY INITIATIVES|
|Advanced economies face profound economic, budgetary and social risks which are at the center of the debate on the sustainability of our healthcare systems. With the growing prevalence of chronic conditions, how can our governments work towards achieving high quality and efficient care?
• Dr. Carles Constante, Chairman of the Board of Directors, Catalan Health Institute
• Javier Fernández-Lasquetty, Minister of Health, Madrid Regional Government
• Manuel Llombart, Minister of Health, Valencian Community
• Rocío Mosquera, Minister of Health, Government of Galicia
|In a world where chronic conditions are booming, the role of the patient is more important than ever. How can we engage the citizens to take a proactive role in healthcare?
• Dra. Candela Calle, General Director, ICO (Institut Català d'Oncologia)
• Marc-Antoine Lucchini, President & General Manager, Sanofi Spain and Portugal
• Dr. Antoni Salvà, General Manager, Fundació Laporte and Institute on Aging Director, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona
Moderator: Prof. Pedro Nueno, IESE
|12:30||THE PERSPECTIVE OF MANAGERS AND HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONALS|
|Lots of things are changing now in healthcare: organization mechanisms, payment schemes, the penetration of information technologies, the role of patients… How can providers take the lead in promoting healthy outcomes and innovation in healthcare?
• Dr. Josep Brugada, Medical Director, Hospital Clínic de Barcelona
• Jorge Guarner, CEO-General Manager, SARquavitae
Moderator: Prof. Jaume Ribera, IESE
|What can we learn from different markets and health systems?
• Fernando de Górgolas, Group Marketing and Business Development Director, Unilabs
• Paul Kosters, Senior Vice President, EMEA, Nuvasive
• Michael J. Taylor, Senior Vice President, Aon Hewitt Health and Benefits
Moderator: Prof. Pedro Nueno, IESE
|15:45||FROM SICK CARE TO HEALTH CARE|
|Prevention is key. How can we promote healthy behaviors across all the population? How can we engage communities and the society to promote health issues?
• Dr. Antoni Esteve, Esteve
• Dra. Sonia Gaztambide, President, Spanish Diabetes Society
• Peter Ohnemus, President & CEO, dacadoo ag
Moderator: Prof. Núria Mas, IESE
|17:00||THE INDUSTRY IN SPAIN|
|In this panel, the industry will share their views of the opportunities and challenges in the Spanish Market. What role should the industry adopt to make the necessary change happen? What is needed to create and share value?
• Andreas Abt, General Manager, Roche Farma Spain
• Ángel Bajils, General Manager, Air Liquide Healthcare
• Javier Ellena, General Manager Spain, Portugal and Greece, Lilly
• Carlos González Bosch, President, Cofares Group
Moderator: Borja Guinea, Partner, Head of Pharmaceutical Industry, KPMG Spain
|18:15||REFLECTIONS AND REMARKS|
|• Prof. Núria Mas, IESE
• Cándido Pérez Serrano, Head of Infrastructure, Transport, Government and Health, KPMG Spain
|• Daniel Carreño, President, Fenin and CEO Spain & Portugal, General Electric
• Borja Guinea, Partner, Head of Pharmaceutical Industry, KPMG Spain
• Prof. Núria Mas, Chair of the 20th Healthcare Industry Meeting, IESE
• Prof. Pedro Nueno, Founding Chair of the 20th Healthcare Industry Meeting, IESE